We are a digital product studio founded in Los Angeles. We are a fully remote team of passionate product designers, product managers, developers, and analysts. We solve business problems with data-driven decisions, impact-first designs, and elegant technology solutions.
We’re currently a lean team of 11 people looking for a Product Designer to join the fold.
All our work is grounded in our three pillars: 1) data-driven decisions, 2) impact-first designs, and 3) elegant technology solutions.
We’ve been working with leading e-commerce brands since 2019 to level up their digital experience and create seismic growth for their business.
What you’ll do —
Our designers are part of a highly collaborative team and work across a multitude of digital product initiatives. As a Senior Product Designer, you must be skilled in all aspects of the product design lifecycle, including UX research, defining product strategy, wireframes, prototypes, UI design, documentation, and user testing. As an early member of the Design team, you’ll influence on how Design operates at The Beyond Group, helping to create a culture of valuable critique and collaboration. You’ll stand out if you have experience with tools like Figma and are skilled in front end development.
- Collaborate with colleagues across disciplines to understand user problems and business challenges and devise simple and elegantly designed solutions
- Lead projects, taking them from concept to shipping as the sole designer
- Be an influential expert across the full range of Design, from problem definition to asset delivery
- Deliver polished, delightful and effective UI for responsive Web
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality
- Help establish and iterate on design systems to support rapid design and development
What we’re looking for —
We’re a small-but-nimble team and will expect the person hired for this role to hit the ground running. We think someone with 4+ years of full-time work experience at an in-house or agency product design role will be most successful in this role. If you’ve had a different path, let us know how your experience has prepared you to be our newest Senior Product Designer in your cover letter! We have a strong commitment to building a diverse team. If you’re from a background that’s underrepresented in tech, we’d particularly love to meet you.
Does this sound like you?
- You’re able to articulate, negotiate, and refine project requirements in collaboration with product managers and software developers to arrive at the best design solutions.
- You understand the principles of agile software development and are curious about other project management strategies (e.g. Shape Up)
- Your design files are easy to navigate and well documented
- You arrive to meetings on time and wrap meetings on time
- You are comfortable balancing the tradeoffs between competing priorities and client requests
You’re a strong communicator
- You set clear expectations and you have excellent follow through (e.g. you ship projects on time and identify risks early)
- You can speak confidently about your work to non-designers, including clients
- You can push back on scope and timelines tactfully and with empathy
You are a leader
- You’re a mentor to those with less experience
- You’re looking for ways to make the team as a whole more effective
You take initiative
- You’re comfortable tackling a problem yourself first
- You’re comfortable asking questions to find the information you need about how to solve it
You’re always learning
- You’re comfortable with designing to learn, unafraid of making mistakes (because they are a part of learning), and you know when to seek help from other team members.
- You have a growth mindset and continually strive to be at the top of your game as a product designer.
Ambiguity doesn’t phase you
- You thrive in an environment that can change and iterate
- You aren’t intimidated by a poorly defined problem but rather see it as an opportunity to bring clarity to the team and client
Benefits & perks —
- 100% Medical Coverage
- 100% Dental Coverage
- PTO: We offer 15 days of PTO and 12 US & Canadian paid holidays per year.
- Winter Break: We take the last week of the year off as a team to hibernate and reset (fully paid).
- Sick Leave: We offer 5 sick days per year.
- Fully remote team: We are based in Los Angeles so you can work anywhere with at least 4 hours of overlap with the US-Pacific Time zone during a normal work day.
- Learning & Development: We reserve time each month for you to invest in your professional growth through courses, internal projects, industry events, networking or coaching.
- Equipment: Apple computer provided. Additionally, since we’re a fully-remote team, let us know what you need in order to be productive and spruce up your home office.
Application process —
Please send a cover letter (250 words or less) expressing why you’re interested in this role, along with your resume and LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a selected applicant, you can expect the following:
- A 60-minute video interview with our Founder and Product Design Lead
- 2 30-minute group video interviews with 2-4 additional team members
Final stage candidates will be asked to give a case study presentation of 1-2 past projects in order to assess your process, skillset, and approach to problem-solving. We’ll also ask for references at this stage.